Breakfast is an area of dieting I really struggle with. Either I can’t be bothered to eat and end up scoffing everything in sight by 11am or I wake up ravenous and end up scoffing everything in sight by 8am. The trick is (apparently) to eat a healthy breakfast but it’s so hard to find a happy medium when you’ve only just got up! If you struggle like me, you’ll be thankful for this list. Try a variation of each one to get you started on a healthy eating week.
- Porridge with a small amount of honey/syrup, spices or fruit.
- Smoothies with an added handful of oats and nuts/nut butters.
- Poached, boiled or scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast.
- Sliced fresh fruit with low fat yoghurt. Top with gently toasted oats for added mmmmm.
- Granola with low fat yoghurt.
- A slice of lightly buttered wholemeal toast with a piece of fruit.
- Crumpets with berries, yoghurt and honey (Hairy Bikers).
What’s your favourite thing to eat for breakfast? Anything I should add?