Again a popular choice for a superhero, lemons are great for adding an energizing hit of scent and taste to anything it touches – but that’s not all they can be used for!
- To add a bit of extra oomph to a vinegar/water solution, throw in a few tablespoons of lemon juice. Not only does it make the cleaning easier but it also smells divine!
- Cats hate the smell of citrus – so soak a few cotton wool balls in some lemon juice and put them where you don’t want cats.
- Soak a few more cotton wool balls in some lemon juice and put them in the fridge – it will keep it smelling fresh. As long as you remove the gone-off milk first.
- Add to a cup of water three tablespoons of lemon juice and microwave on high for about 5 minutes before you clean your microwave. Simply wipe down with a cloth – the lemons will have already worked their magic!
- Finally, rub half a lemon on your chopping board to clean and banish smells.